UCL Records till 2018
Sports world presents you the biggest and famous records of UCL. UEFA Champions league which is also known as European Club Competition until 1992, was started in back then 1955 by UEFA. In the early editions, UCL was restricted for only Champions team of respected Country League. A straight knock out system. But later on in 1990s it was expanded to round robin system which resulted in to more matches. With the introduction of new system more records made.
Here is the list of all time top Goal scorer of UCL till 2018 .
- Cristiano Ronaldo 120 Goals , 154 Appearance , Man Utd, Real Madrid,Juventus
- Lionel Messi 105 Goals, 127 App, Barcelona
- Raul 71 Goals, 142 App, Real Madrid Schalke 04
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy 56 Goals, 73 App, PSV, Man Utd, Real Madrid
- Karim Benzema 56 Goals 106 App Lyon, Real Madrid
- Thierry Henry 50 Goals 112 App Monaco,Arsenal, Barcelona
- Alfredo Di Stefano 49 Goals 58 App Real Madrid
- Andriy Shevchenko 48 Goals 100 App Dynamo Kyiv Milan Chelsea
- Zlatan Ibrahimović 48 Goals 120 App Ajax Juventus Internazionale Barcelona Man utd, Milan,PSG
- Eusébio 47 Goals 63 App Benfica
Top 5 goals scorer in a single season
- Cristiano Ronaldo 17 Goals 2013-14
- Cristiano Ronaldo 16 Goals 2015-16
- Cristiano Ronaldo 15 Goals 2017-18
- Lionel Messi 14 Goals 2011-12
- Cristiano Ronaldo 12 Goals 2012-13
Records by Clubs
Since 1955, when first UCL was played total 22 have won this crown. The crown of European Club Champion. Here the total Top 5 teams of UCL.
- Real Madrid 13 Titles 1956,57,58,59,60,66,98,2002,12,14,16,17,18
- Milan 7 Titles 1963,69,89,90,94,2003,07
- Bayern Munich 5 Titles 1974.75,76,2001,2013
- Liverpool 5 Titles 1977,78,81,84,2005
- Barcelona 5 titles 1992,2006,09,11,15
Juventus is the unluckiest team in the history of UCL, with 7 times runners up. Bayern Munich ,Benfica with 5 At Madrid 3 time runners up .
Some other Records
- Ryan Giggs holds the record of most number of assists with 42. Cristiano is at second place with 40 assists.
- Jens Lehman holds the record for most number of consecutive clean sheets, with 10 for Arsenal.
- Helmuth Duckadam holds the record of saving all 4 penalties during the shoot-out in the 1986 final between Steaua București and Barcelona.
- Heinz Stuy holds the record for three consecutive clean sheets in the finals of 1971, 1972 and 1973.
- Iker Casillas holds the record for most clean sheets in the competition with 56 (58 including 2 qualifying games), 50 with Real Madrid and 6 with Porto.